- How Does HackerNoon Make Money?
- 1. The Evergreen Program (prev. Brand-as-Author)
- 2. Ad by Tag
- 3. Site-Wide Billboard Takeover
- 4. Thematic Newsletter
- 5. The Hacker Noon Podcast
- 6. Annual Noonies Awards
- 7. Writing Contests
How Does HackerNoon Make Money?
On the daily, startups and big businesses alike approach Hacker Noon to help them tell more compelling brand stories; reach relevant niche audiences; and craft value propositions that'll resonate with some of the world's most intelligent and discerning technologists.
- Publishing branded content on The Evergreen Program (prev. Brand-As-Author)
- Targeting niche audience segments with the Ad by Tag Program.
- Optimizing for mad clicks with the Site-Wide Billboard Takeover.
- Getting targeted emails written, sent and promoted to the right people with the Thematic Newsletter Program.
- Sponsoring The Hacker Noon Podcast.
- Sponsoring the annual Noonies Awards.
- Generating brand and product awareness through Writing Contests.
1. The Evergreen Program (prev. Brand-as-Author)
Heroku, AngelList, Indeed and 200+ other tech companies use Hacker Noon to publish and/or republish their blog posts, press releases, and technology updates. Here's what that looks like.
2. Ad by Tag
Let’s say that you want to advertise your AI-based product. Naturally, you’d want to display your AD to those reading AI stories. But you’d also want to display your AD to not just those reading Artificial Intelligence stories, but also to those reading Machine Learning stories, TensorFlow stories, Deep Learning stories, Computer Vision stories, and so on. Enter: Ad by Tag.
3. Site-Wide Billboard Takeover
Essentially a very sticky, popping, succinct banner ad, like such:
4. Thematic Newsletter
Newsletters with custom content created by Hacker Noon Editors, tailored to brands.
5. The Hacker Noon Podcast
Reviewing The Results Of The 2020 Tech Lead Developer Survey
In this episode, Amy Tom talks to Matt Groves, the Senior Product Marketing Manager at Couchbase, and Brant Burnett, the Systems Architect at CenterEdge Software about the results from the 2020 Tech Lead Developer survey that was conducted by Couchbase. Th...
6. Annual Noonies Awards
2020 Noonies Awards: Official Winners of The Internet Now Declared | Hacker Noon
As in all elections of great importance, tallying the official results of Hacker Noon's annual awards took us somewhat longer than expected.
7. Writing Contests
The #Decentralized-Internet Writing Contest | Hacker Noon
Founder & CEO of Hacker Noon Hey, good news. The HackerNoon & Free TON Partnership proposal has achieved majority vote and passed. Free TON ( freeton.org) is a blockchain platform created by the developers of the Telegram Open Network (also abbreviated TON), and they well known for The Declaration of Decentralization.