👇 Table of Contents 👇
- 📖 History of the HackerNoon Logo
- 1. Horizontal Hacker Noon Logo
- 2. Clock-Only Square Logos
- ✅ How To Use the HackerNoon Logo
- 1. On Photo Backgrounds
- 2. On Colors
- ❌ How NOT To Use the HackerNoon Logo
- 🍏 More HackerNoon Logos
- Created and Presented by HackerNoon:
- Startups of The Year — Official 2021 Logo
- The Noonies — Official 2021 Logo
- The Noonies — Official 2020 Logos
- The Noonies — Official 2019 Logos
📖 History of the HackerNoon Logo
The original HackerNoon logo was created by Tom Snow.
A few years back, David was working with Tom Snow, a talented freelance graphic designer and illustrator, in order to create a range of logos for AMI publications, including Hacker Noon.
As Tom and David were aware of the competition for technology publications at the time, they understand that by focusing on the "Noon" element, they would be able to create a brand identity that is distinct from the others, something that is unique.
As David set the key color for Hacker Noon to be
#00ff00 green, Tom Snow's mind went straight back to, in his words, "being a kid at school and using a BBC Micro with a green monochrome display." Immediately, retro typefaces and scanning tube effects were what came to Tom's mind, which prompted Tom to design the typeface by using a 5x5 grid and the pixelated Hacker Noon clock, with both the hour hand and minute hand pointing up, indicating "noon" hour of the day.
1. Horizontal Hacker Noon Logo
2. Clock-Only Square Logos
✅ How To Use the HackerNoon Logo
1. On Photo Backgrounds
- In most situations, the Hacker Noon Shadow Logo used on background images should be placed on either the top or bottom left corner with even paddings.
- In other situations, please contact us via email@example.com to learn about where to place the Hacker Noon logo.
2. On Colors
Please follow the following guidelines for placing the Hacker Noon logo(s) on color backgrounds:
Please avoid bright colors on bright colors (i.e. green Hacker Noon logo on white backgrounds).
Please avoid dark colors on dark colors (i.e. grey Hacker Noon logo on black/grey backgrounds.
Highly saturated backgrounds can be used — as long as they do not cause any visual disturbance when combined with Hacker Noon logo.
❌ How NOT To Use the HackerNoon Logo
❌ Please do not crop the logo.
❌ Please do not change the opacity/transparency of the logo.
❌ Please do not change the color(s) of the logo.
❌ Please do not distort the logo.
❌ Please do not use any special effects on the logo.
❌ Please do not rotate any part of the logo.